GENERAL MANAGER- ALLEN
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That’s YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
As a General Manager, at Bar Louie – your number one focus is serving our guests and our Team Members (TMS). The safety, security and wellbeing of our TMs, Guests and Company assets is your passion. You have the “hospitality gene” and truly care about people. Your style is fun but extremely focused and always professional. You have confidence and we support a freedom that allows you to express your unique personality. BUT – you always lead within the Framework we have provided – never cutting corners and never allowing your team to cut corners either. As a member of Bar Louie’s leadership team, you are charged with driving profitable sales within your gastrobar’s 4-walls. You do this by adapting your leadership style to ensure you are getting consistently high performance from each member of your team. Speaking of team – you know how to attract; hire; onboard; train and retain a GREAT Team. You know that each Team Member is a reflection of you and you are always striving to be a great example. You are smart and efficient – able to lead an impactful pre-shift; run expo or jump on the line; coach a Team Member up and sometimes out; inspire our Guests – all while driving sales and running a safe and profitable shift. You take your cue from our guests – matching your style to their mood. Quick and efficient if they are in a hurry; unobtrusive if they need privacy; and interactive if they are looking for attention. An industry pro – “par levels” “workforce planning” “immediate greets”, “menu knowledge”, “hot food hot”, “ice cold drinks garnished perfectly” and “hands in/hands out” aren’t just phrases – they are topics that you coach your Managers to lead with as they develop our Team Members. You enjoy being busy, and your leadership brings to life Bar Louie’s values for every Team Members and each of our Guests. Brunch, Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner or Late Night – you inspire our TMs and Guests to keep coming back – because they experienced the best this amazing brand has to offer. They are all loyal to Bar Louie and they are loyal to YOU.
- Exemplify Bar Louie’s Mission, Vision and Values in the way you approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation; safety and accurate financials.
- Take every opportunity to make eye contact with each Manager, TMs or Guest and make them feel welcome.
- Lead the following topics: P/L; Local Marketing; Employee Life Cycle; Pre-shifts and Line checks, Bank Deposits; Daily/Weekly/Monthly Sales goals; Workload planning; Staffing and Forecasting; Guest service; Cleanliness; Ordering/Inventory; Food and Beverage preparation and presentation; TM development and MORE!
- Work 50+ hours each week with a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, late night shifts and weekends) Refer to Quality of Life Commitment.
- Serve as member of the Leadership Team and lend your support for all Company goals.
- Lead Louie Loves events and actively build relationships within your neighborhood and community.
- Create “THE” gathering place where our TMs and Guests know that they BELONG and are safe.
- Model impeccable “People First” service to all TMs and Guests at all times.
- Ensure proper execution on all food safety standards and cleaning routines
- Validate and follow-up on daily checklists and routines
- Evaluate assist your Managers in filling all open positions and develop a guest-centric team
- Lead onboarding and training of our Team Members with active support from your Managers
- Support and lead your team on all Local/State/Federal and Company policies; processes and procedures.
- Provide tools and resources; coach and develop; redirect and recognize efforts of team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance
- Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
- Complete all safe and secure training and processes as required.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)
- Enter and Exit building SAFELY
- Complete all Opening and/or Closing procedures
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and have consistent attendance.
- All other duties based on business needs
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A successful General Manager is not looking for a Monday thru Friday desk job where you are at a computer all day. A GM at Bar Louie thrives on engagement with people; with food and with beverages. Our GMs know how to throw a great party any time of day – without crossing the line and trying to become the “life of that party.” Between administrative work; our growing delivery business; and 5 distinct Day Parts – our GMs are busy most of the day! If you thrive while leading in an environment that is fast-paced with competing priorities – welcome to Bar Louie.
Here are a few skills you should bring to Bar Louie on Day 1 –
- High school diploma or equivalent and be at least 21 year of age or older.
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ hospitality or restaurant experience with strong interest and knowledge of food service required.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a General Manager with demonstrated results strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team Members and Guests.
- The ability to coach and develop people at all experience levels to succeed within their role.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with Team Members and Managers.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly efficient, detail oriented; focus on accuracy and organized.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Famous for your hospitality.
- The ability and desire to pursue constant improvement and personal growth.
- Presents a professional, business-like image while representing Bar Louie.
- Proficient in POS Systems; Inventory Systems and Microsoft Office software products.
BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
When working at a gastrobar location, Team Member must be able to perform the duties of that location. The team member will frequently sit for short periods of time, talk via Cloud Based video conferencing and the phone often, and hear and manipulate objects constantly.
Additional requirements will include lifting up to 10 (ten) pounds constantly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently. Twisting and reaching frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate constantly. Working in hot then cold environments for extended periods of time. May inadvertently bump into team members in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended periods of time. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required. Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop devices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.